Pages

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Let's get the Ball Rolling

This is my first attempt at blogging so go easy on me.

Back in my younger days while I was touring around Europe without a care in the world, I would send these mammoth emails back home to my friends and family detailing my escapades (this was before the days of facebook, twitter, etc).  I really enjoyed writing those emails and I used to get a lot of replies telling me how much people enjoyed reading them.

I've often been told that I have a way with words but I've never thought much of it - I guess I just related it to having spent most of my life as a bookworm - surely that has to increase your vocabulary?

It's only now that I've thought maybe it's something I should explore.

As part of this process, I started reading a few random blogs that I stumbled across or got referred to and one in particular resonated with me.  
She said that often we put ourselves into one of two categories - creative and not creative.  The truth is that we are all creative in one way or another - the difference is how we express that creativity.  Whether it be through words, acting, the way we dress, writing, cake decorating, baking, cooking, singing, dancing, arts and crafts, building, using tools etc etc.

So here I am, trying out blogging as a form of creative outlet.

My aim for this blog is to give you my take on life's goings on, to share my random thoughts, my passions and anything else I may feel the need to talk about.  Of course that means plenty of food and travel talk!

Please don't forget to leave a constructive comment!

1 comment: